1. Grow, Protect, and Manage Your Wealth
Let us help you answer many of the questions you may have about investing. Growing, protecting, and managing your wealth requires answers to many questions, including:
- Do I buy individual stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, Treasuries, commodities, gold, or just leave my money in my savings account?
- How much am I really paying for my investments?
- What are the tax implications of the investments I select?
- Which investments should I hold in my retirement accounts instead of my brokerage accounts?
- Are my investments properly diversified?
- Are my investment decisions sometimes driven more by emotion than objective analysis?
We use objective investing to help you grow and manage your investments. Our professional investment advice is fully integrated with your comprehensive financial plan, giving you the security and confidence that you have the best investment strategy for meeting your individualized goals.
2. Objective Investment Advice... What is it?
Our professional investment advice is fully integrated with your comprehensive financial plan, giving you the security and confidence that you have the best investment strategy for meeting your individualized goals. Selecting who provides your investment advice and help is one of the most important decisions you need to make. At Mercury Financial Advisors, we hold ourselves true to these standards:
- Fiduciary: We are legally obligated to act in good faith and to put your interests ahead of our own. As fiduciaries, we also make, at the earliest possible opportunity, full written disclosure of any conflicts of interest which may compromise our impartiality or independence.
- Fee-Only: We receive no compensation that is contingent on you acting on our advice. Fee-only advisors do not sell financial products and do not receive commissions or other benefits from the investment choices you make.
- Holistic: We provide investment advice based on your goals only after considering all your financial risks, your tax strategy, and the rest of your financial plan.
3. Functional Asset Allocation for Growing Your Net Worth
While most financial planners and investment advisors focus on your investment portfolio, we focus on your overall net worth. Functional Asset Allocation is a holistic approach to net worth management and growth. There are three main categories of assets, including:
- Interest-earning: Interest earning assets include cash and bonds, which is capital preservation. These investments protect against deflation and ensure you’ll have a reliable cash flow while keeping this part of your portfolio safe.
- Real Estate: Real estate includes your personal residence, real estate that produces income (rental property, for example), and nonproductive real estate (including vacant land and second homes). The purpose of real estate is to protect against inflation through the opportunity to mortgage your property.
- Equities: Equities produce profits during times of prosperities. They’re the growth engine of your net worth.
The purpose of Functional Asset Allocation isn’t to have the three categories compete against each other in performance or yield, but rather to work together in a balance to help you achieve your goals and to worry less about your finances.